DISCORD ROOM
MY COURSESMY LOGINFREE SIGNUP

Home Forums Q&A Forum TOP Clarifications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Johnson
    Participant

I was looking at my ToS watchlist where one of my columns is Imp Vol which is Implied Volatility. I compared that to the DT Volatility Comparison Mean which I have been using as CIV mean in my trade evaluations. I realized that I don't know (Or remember?) what DT stands for. The main thing is that there is about a 2% difference between ToS and TOP with my TradeStation Feed. I think this is just the differences between the two data feeds, but I would like to hear your opinion. I also have noted that the disparity is greater as the price of the security declines. For instance today, April 1, 2024, 11:55 New York time, the difference in LYFT is ToS: 73.68% IV, TOP: 69.00 DT Volatility Comparison(Mean). But Amazon is TOS:32.92% vs TOP:31.00.
    One further comment on this is that when the market is closed the differences can be much greater on low priced stocks.

˲traddictiv
    Participant

Hi... DT means Dynamic Trend which is the base technology we use to calculate IV... Volatilities depend on the Options Pricing models and there are many of those. Different models will indeed produce different figures. Even with the same data feed, using different pricing models would lead to different figures... Great question!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram